The terms “we”, “us”, “our”, “Organization”, “Website”, and “Terms and Conditions” have the same meanings as in the Website Terms and Conditions of Use document found here https://anthobio.ca/terms-conditions/, as amended from time to time.
Definitions of Collected Information
Under this Policy the following definitions apply:
“Personal Information” and “Personal Health Information” are defined in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
“Personal Data” means Personal Information and other information that is collected without user input from your use of the Website and does not include Account Information.
“Account Information” means user Personal Information that is submitted by you to the Website for the purpose of using our services and does not include Personal Data or Personal Health Information.
Personalized Service and Web Analytics
We may automatically collect Personal Data when you visit our Website in order to customize your experience. We may collect Personal Data about what site referred you to our Website, your browser type, operating system type and version, language, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. We may also collect Personal Data about how you browse through our Website, including logging the pages you visit and the amount of time you spend on certain pages. We may use this Personal Data for a number of technical purposes to ensure that our pages load correctly in your browser, as well as to personalize our services to you. We may also use this Personal Data to improve our Website. For example:
- we may use IP addresses to correct pages for your geographical location; and
- we may log the frequency of visits to certain pages on our Website and how visitors navigate through our Website in order to detect problems, improve our Website and learn about what products and services are of interest to our Website users.
We may share your Personal Data with third parties to help us achieve the objectives described above. Third parties we may collaborate with include:
Google Analytics to help us understand how users use the Website. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Data here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Hotjar is a heat mapping service provided by Hotjar Ltd. You can read more about how Hotjar Inc. uses your Personal Data here: https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/.
When you visit the Website, we automatically collect Personal Data through the following technologies:
- Cookies. Cookies are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Log files. Log files track actions occurring on the Website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- Web beacons, tags and pixels. These are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Website.
Use of Information
We use your information to provide services, to aggregate with other Personal Data as a product in itself, and to manage our business operations. Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- to register your Account;
- to authenticate you when you log into your Account;
- to communicate with you about your requests;
- to protect the security or integrity of our Website and our Organization;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through the Website.
- to administer contests and promotions that you participate in;
- to recommend or to offer you other products and services based on your inferred interests; and
- to make a saleable product consisting of demographic data.
Personal Health Information
Personal Health Information includes genetic information, medication history, and medications being considered in the treatment of a patient that is submitted to the Website for the purpose of using our service to generate a report. You agree that any Personal Health Information submitted to the Website is your own or obtained from a third party with consent and in compliance with the Alberta Health Information Act, or equivalent provincial legislation.
Personal Health Information will remain anonymous while it is used to operate the Website’s service. Personal Health Information is not stored, distributed, copied or recorded by the Organization. Personal Health Information will be temporarily used to search for recommendations on peer-reviewed guidelines developed by the clinical Pharmacogenetics Implementation Consortium (CPIC®), the Dutch Pharmacogenetics Working Group (DPWG), and US Food & Drug Administration (FDA). Once the report is generated, the information will be destroyed and will need to be re-submitted for subsequent uses of the Website’s service.
Sharing Your Information
We may disclose your Personal Information, Personal Data or Account Information that we collect as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Organization’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information is held by the Organization about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep Personal Information confidential, use it for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the Personal Information with the same standards set out in the Policy.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provide it.
- For any other purposes disclosed by us when you provide such information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable laws.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of the Organization, our users, or others.
Transferring Your Information
We may transfer Personal Information that we collect or that you provide as described in this Policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep Personal Information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the Personal Information with the same standards set out in this Policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your Personal Information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your Personal Information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
Do Not track
Please note that we do not alter our Website’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal for your browser.
We take the protection of your information seriously and have taken suitable and reasonable steps to protect the information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, and any modification or disclosure.
We limit access to your Personal Information to those employees, agents, contractors or third parties who have a business need to know.
If you are submitting Personal Information over the internet that you wish to remain private, please note that while attempts are made to secure information transmitted to this Website, there are inherent risks in transmitting information across the internet.
In addition to the information contained in this Policy, we can provide you (the user) with additional and contextual information concerning particular services or the collection and processing of your Personal Data or Personal Information upon request.
We will not keep your information for longer than is required with regard to the purpose for which it was collected by us or provided by you, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
You have rights in relation to the Personal Information we hold. These rights include the right to access and receive a copy of your Personal Information, to ask us to correct any errors, to erase your Personal Information, and to restrict how your Personal Information is processed.
Links to Other Websites
If you have any concerns regarding the privacy of your information you should ensure you are aware of the privacy policies of those websites before disclosing any Personal Information.
We may update this Policy from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons.
Withdrawing Your Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use and transfer of your Personal Information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at the contact information below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
Reporting and Contact
This Website is operated by AnthoBio Inc, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Should you become aware of misuse of the Website including libelous or defamatory conduct, you must report it to the Organization at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to email@example.com.
16th July 2021